Do you ever feel like it’s impossible to stay fabulous while trying to beat the summer heat? Or has lots of sun and fun got your skin feeling a little tired. We sat down with #teamfab’s, Alayne Curtiss and Courtney Vogel, to get their professional opinion on how to keep your make up looking fresh in the summer heat.
There are a few easy tricks you can do:
- Use Bare Mineral’s Mineral Veil UNDER and over a liquid foundation. It fills the pores with oil absorbing ingredients that are good for your skin and sets any foundation you put on. Putting a primer like Bare Minerals new Mattifying Prep Gel underneath your foundation is also helpful. Its super light and controls oil and shine with natural ingredients like Aspen Bark, Tea Tree Oil and Peptides. Finish with a setting spray. We like the ones from Face Atelier because they offer two choices a matte finish or dewy finish spray.
2. Vitamin C is a skin saver in the summertime. Vitamin C can turn your sunburn from painful to almost non existent the
next day. Not only does Vitamin C help with sun damage it helps to fight free radicals from the environment and boosts collagen production. So its great for anti-aging as well.Stop into Make Me Fabulous for a sample from Image’s “Vital C” line anytime and give it a try. Your skin will thank you!
- Always wear sunscreen when you are out in the sun, even when the weather is over-cast. The higher the SPF the better. The higher the SPF the longer the sunscreen will last without having to reapply. We carry a full line of moisturizers with SPF at MMF.
4. Next step says Courtney…exfoliation, exfoliation, exfoliation!
Exfoliation removes dead skin, you generally only need to do it a couple times a week when you’re younger. As you get older and your skin matures you’re going to want to exfoliate more often.
Vitamin A can be very potent as it really exfoliates the skin depending on the percentage of active ingredients. It’s something you need to ease your skin into so increase percentages as you go. It depends on your skin’s current condition and concerns so it would be best to visit our resident licensed estheticians, Courtney, Alayne or Suzan to see what they recommend for your skin.
If you like the more natural route, you can try two new products from Bare Escentuals Skinsorials line which can be used with any skin cleanser you choose! The exfoliation grains, MIX EXFOLIATE SMOOTH, are made with a botanical complex of Chardonnay grapes, Rose, Sweet Orange Peel, Black Rice and mineral rich sea Sea Salts containing of Magnesium, Potassium and Calcium. Now, that’s a powerful punch of exfoliating goodness! Or, the Patent Pending Double Cleansing Brush, soft synthetic fibers surround a textured reservoir for gentle exfoliating anytime. We love this tool in the shower!
5. At MMF, we offer many great skin care services too. Courtney’s favorite is the “O2 Lift” by Image Skin Care. Which infuses oxygen, plant derived stem cells, peptides and a high concentration of enzymatic botanicals into the skin, leaving any skin rejuvenated, soft, refreshed and GLOWING. It works for anyone and leaves your skin looking amazing, immediately!
So, if you’re tired of feeling like the heat is getting the best of your daily beauty routine, Stop into Make Me Fabulous for Licensed Expert Advice, clinically advanced products and treatments and samples to test out on your skin anytime!
Comment and tell us what you think, we’d love to know! Be sure to checkus out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/makemefabulousny/?fref=ts